Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shaker Heights Yearbook Cover

The student who designed the cover of the Shaker Heights yearbook may have come up with a good design "with a twist", but he was no "Da Vinci." His hidden "F Word" code on the cover didn't stay hidden for so long. The hidden message encloses the words "F Y ALL". Shaker Heights High School Principal Michael Griffith wrote in a letter to students and parents that the cover of the yearbook, which featured a gathering of the school's "Red Raider" mascots, also contained a farewell message featuring the "F" word.
Griffith wrote that "cosmetic surgery" is being performed on the books to block out the offending phrase and offered to remove the phrase from any previously sold copies. However, the students of the school did not seem perturbed by the "farewell message" -- the artist, who wrote a letter of apology that was affixed to the principal's letter, received the loudest and longest ovation at his Thursday graduation ceremony.
The Shaker Heights High School yearbook cover has a lot of people talking. The cover was designed by an outgoing high school senior and shortly after the yearbook was distributed, students noticed a hidden message inside of that design. The student wrote, " I cannot begin to explain the miserable feeling I brought upon myself, when I betrayed the trust of all of you. I apologize for offending anyone and everyone. It is unfortunate that I did not recognize the big responsibility and honor given to me when asked to design the cover of the Shaker Heights yearbook. I offer my sincere apologies."

No comments:

Post a Comment