Monday, June 29, 2009

Janet Jackson BET Awards 2009

Janet Jackson and her father Joe Jackson attended the BET Awards on Sunday night in Los Angeles, in order to be on hand for a tribute to Michael Jackson. Joe, who sat in a ringside seat next to the Rev. Al Sharpton, was dressed in a black hat, dark glasses and a dark suit. He said, “I wish the world had recognized him when he was living. Right now, he’s bigger than ever. But I wish he was here to see all this, to hear all this.”
Jamie Foxx opened the show in a red leather “Billie Jean” jacket and demonstrated Jackson’s signature Moonwalk. Foxx admitted he hadn’t done it since 1983 and said, “I hope I can make it.” He told the crowd, “No need to be sad. We want to celebrate this black man.”
Janet Jackson took the stage and spoke briefly before the video tribute began. She said, “My entire family wanted to be here tonight but it was too painful. To you, Michael is an icon. To us, Michael is family. He will forever live in all of our hearts. On behalf of my family and myself, thank you for all of your love, thank you for all of your support. We miss him so much. Thank you so much.”

No comments:

Post a Comment