Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bai Ling PHOTOS

Bai Ling PHOTOS
PHOTOS! Here are pictures of Bai Ling (”A Beautiful Life”) who stars in over eight films this year alone. Bai Ling’s 2002 director from her hit film “FACE” will next direct Edison Chen in his first film since Chen’s 2008 photos scandal, LALATE reported earlier this week. Bai Ling appears in Beautiful Life that opened October 2 opposite Jesse Garcia, LALATE’s fav Dana Delany, and Debi Mazar. Bai Ling is currently in production on Cross. Other 2009 films to be released from Ling include The Lazarus Papers, The Bad Penny, The Gauntlet, and Love Ranch. In 2010 she will appear in The Confidant. Also this year Ling appears in Magic Man, Chain Letter, and Crank. Debroah Calla says of Ling and the Beautiful Life the following: A Beautiful Life, a film that I produced and co-wrote with Wendy Hammond, opens on October 2nd in limited release and stars Jesse Garcia, Angela Sarafyan, Bai Ling, Dana Delany, and Debi Mazar. The film deals with … abuse, love and violence. I’m not going to give the plot away except to say it ends with hope, which is why I spent so many years of my life trying to make it. I understand this story.
I, like Maggie, the main character, am a survivor. I know what made her run and I understand what made her hide and search for a better existence. My wish is for this film to contribute to the continuing dialogue of how to better prevent abuse… We need to know abuse occurs in many forms and many times a day all over this country. It’s hard not to instantly like Bai Ling, with her languid, deep voice and striking fashion sense which she wears with a nonchalant attitude. She also loves to talk — so much so that I have trouble keeping up, especially when she switches subjects mid-sentence. “Kozuki!” she suddenly exclaims, catching the name of a restaurant over my left shoulder. “Sounds Japanese.” It’s easy to classify her as eccentric with her otherworldly ideas of nature and spirits, however, it’s obvious that she’s not affecting a persona; she believes every word she says “I’m totally not in this world,” she admits, “and I feel like I’m not really existing as a human being, but part of me is. I have eight little spirits living inside of me. They’re all different personalities.” According to Bai, most people only know the crazy party girl spirit, with her short skirt and exposed nipples, but that same spirit is fearless and doesn’t care about what anyone else thinks. “She’s fire. She’s a burning fire. That passion, for me, is so magical.”
When it comes to reconciling her natural views with the artificial world of Hollywood, Bai dismisses the premise outright. She doesn’t see obstacles; she sees opportunities. Where others may see problems, she sees puzzles that are fun to solve. “I’m taking all the negative words away from life,” she says. “When you take a situation as a difficulty, you become bitter.” Beyond simply thinking good thoughts, she also tries to view situations fairly from all angles. Recently, she was caught running late for the Toronto premier of her new film, A Beautiful Life, and didn’t have time to find a proper room to slip into her gown. So she used an airport restroom to change, which quickly turned into a bad idea. Women started pouring in, accosting her and wanting to find out if she was Bai Ling. The women pressed her, even after Bai asked them to leave her alone and not look at her while she dressed. Finally, Bai ran flustered to her awaiting limo where she finished getting ready. Then, in a moment rare for most people, she laughed off the situation. “That lady probably thought I was the crazy one since I was naked in the ladies room.”More than just PR for her film, Bai went to Toronto for a humanitarian cause as well. She participated in the Rally for Kids with Cancer, coming in a respectable 9th place out of 21. “I was so busy and tired, but I promised I’d go. I just hope all this money will go to the hospital and to the children. No matter what part I supported, if I’m not there, it’s going to be less. So I’m there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment