Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ironman Louisville 2009

Ironman Louisville 2009
Ironman Louisville. The next day 15 of us signed up together.Little did I realize what the following year of life and training would become. Little did I even realize how much I would change in a years time. The up’s and down’s in life both personally and professionally all the while I had Ironman as my goal. So as you read this I’m well into the race and I’m really thankful for all your well wishes and prayers. Thank you Randy and Chris Elrod for walking with me through this entire process. Randy… our runs together mean more to me than any other time we have to hang and talk….Well besides all the wine, food and good porch time:)
Dan Perkins, who is racing as well in Ironman Louisville, thanks for all the advice and encouragement. This is Dan’s 10th Ironman! Thanks to my co-workers for putting up with me, especially my boss, Steve- not only is he a great boss but his friendship never fails and his guidance is always solid. My family… I know you think I’m nuts but thanks for always looking after me. Thanks to the Franklin and Frisco Campus… You all are amazing and I’m going appoint Mary Graham and Sheila Walsh as chief prayer warriors. And last… those friends of mine I’m talking to everyday in some form or another. I could go on for days about how thankful I am for you.It’s like this. Today starts a new chapter of dreaming the impossible dream and walking it out. It’s about learning what Determination really means. What it means to push to the limit and keep going. It’s about redeeming today for a life that has been changed and giving a new meaning to this day August 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment