Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Robin Givens



Robin Givens, the former wife of boxer Mike Tyson, gave an emotional interview on CNN’s "Larry King Live" last night about being a victim of domestic violence. Givens, who admitted to being beaten, shaken, pushed, swung, dragged and pulled by the hair by the man she once loved, unfortunately relates all too well with the young singer Rihanna, who was brutally attacked by boyfriend Chris Brown last month. Last night, Givens, 44, had a message for 21-year-old Rihanna: Your story is my story … watch out.
Givens: I’ve spoken to women every[where] … Peoria, El Paso … And what’s amazing is that I find that my story is their story; their story is my story — down to the details. He dragged me down the hall by my hair. He pulled me out of bed by my panties. He would like to choke me. He would kick. When I wrote my book, I was somewhere talking about something. And a woman came up to me and she said I wanted you to stop talking because I felt like everybody would know that you were talking about me.
Givens: Even sitting now, you know, here with you, it shakes you up. You know, you begin to sweat. You begin to feel sad all over. … It’s hard to sit here. Robin Givens’ Mike Tyson story is one being remembered the week along with Nicole Brown and OJ Simpson and Tina and Ike Turner. A decade after her marriage to Mike Tyson ended, actress Robin Givens wrote a book about her story. Below is a video from 2007 by Givens about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment