Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lykke Li

Lykke Li answered the phone with a sweet, Swedish accent. The singer-songwriter was preparing for her concert the night of Friday the 13th by doing nothing. It was one of the last shows in her third tour of the country, which ends tonight after a gig at Antone’s. The Daily Texan spoke with her about home, music and life in the limelight.
Lykke Li: I was frustrated on life. I wanted to get out of Stockholm, and I wanted to start life, so it’s about that situation. But it’s really hard pinning down one song. I mean, I write songs and I don’t really know exactly what moment kind of feels like [it’s] reflecting on life itself. LL: It was very much so a collaboration. It was me and him like pulling. You know, a tug of war. But at the same time we have the same vision, so it was a fabulous experience.
LL: It’s Stockholm, but I’m not there. Home right now is a bunk in the bus. I’ve been on tour for a long time, so I haven’t got the chance to be there much at all this last year. I don’t know how it feels to be back ‘cause I haven’t had time off. LL: I know it’s a good place to be creative ‘cause nothing really happens. I work by myself, you know, and when I’m done with songs I work with my producers so I don’t really know how the rest is. [It’s] not so much of a scene as people think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment